Autor Nachricht
Keine Angabe 
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 31. Aug 2016, 23:01 
such is life
Minibildchen

Danke gegeben: 720 mal
Danke bekommen: 4217 mal
 Betreff des Beitrags: Dan Brown

Hier gehts um Dan Browns Bücher und die Verfilmungen seiner Bücher.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Brown

Bücher:

Digital Fortress / Diabolus (1998)
Angels & Demons / Illuminati (2000)
Deception Point / Meteor (2003)
The Da Vinci Code / Sakrileg (2004)
The Lost Symbol / Das verlorene Symbol (2009)
Inferno (2013)
Origin (2017)

Filme:

The Da Vinci Code (2006)
Angels & Demons (2009)
Inferno (2016)

Sein Stil ist bekannt; er greift meist irgendwelche Verschwörungstheorien auf, betreibt umfangreiche Recherche dazu und spinnt nen atmosphärisch dichten Thriller draus.
Fünf seiner sieben Bücher (Alle bis auf Diabolus und Meteor) haben dieselbe Hauptfigur; Robert Langdon, in den Filmen gespielt von Tom Hanks - bisher wurden auch nur Bücher verfilmt, die ihn enthalten. Die Verfilmungsreihenfolge ist anders als die Erscheinungsreihenfolge der Bücher (2 - 1 - 4 bisher); die Filme ändern aber einfach die Reihenfolge, in der Langdon seine Abenteuer erlebt, und machen keinen Quark mit Prequels usw. draus.
Ich steh auf Brown; ich hab alle Bücher gelesen, abgesehen vom neuesten. Bei den Filmen finde ich Da Vinci Code sehr gelungen und Illuminati sehr vermasselt.
Wer hat schonmal etwas von Dan Brown oder Tom Hanks gehört?

Zuletzt geändert von Brexpiprazole am Mo 3. Sep 2018, 17:02, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Weiblich 
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 31. Aug 2016, 23:28 
Legende
bête
Minibildchen

Danke gegeben: 2270 mal
Danke bekommen: 2319 mal
Die ersten vier Bücher hab ich gelesen. Dan Brown ist irgendwie mein guilty pleasure-Autor, Sakrileg und Illuminati mochte ich mit 13 richtig gerne. Von den Filmen hab ich nur The Da Vinci Code gesehen und denn muss ich mir eigentlich noch mal anschauen. Ich erinner mich nur mehr daran, dass Paul Bettany Silas spielt.

Keine Angabe 
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 31. Aug 2016, 23:31 
Pinkie Pie

Danke gegeben: 789 mal
Danke bekommen: 1805 mal
Ich hab auch alle Bücher bis auf das Neuste gelesen und mir Da Vinci Code und Illuminati angeschaut.
Während ich's lese, bin ich immer total gefangen in der Welt, das macht Dan Brown richtig gut. Aber wenn ich dann fertig bin, fallen mir die ganzen logischen Ungereimtheiten und genau passenden Zufälle auf. :laugh:
Mag es aber trotzdem ganz gern. :smile:

Keine Angabe 
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 12. Sep 2016, 17:00 
such is life
Minibildchen

Als ich Illuminati zum ersten mal las (2005 oder so), stellte ich mir den Camerlengo optisch immer vor wie Obi-Wan Kenobi in Episode III (War grad neu raus). Das dann 2008 angekündigt wurde, dass er im Film tatsächlich von Ewan McGregor gespielt werden würde, ist nach wie vor einer der für mich lustigsten Zufälle. Er hatte da halt keinen Bart und so, aber trotzdem.

Männlich 
BeitragVerfasst: Di 13. Sep 2016, 16:27 
Admin
Daughter of the Sea
Minibildchen

Danke gegeben: 3240 mal
Danke bekommen: 4031 mal
Der Trailer zu Inferno ist so lala, finde ich. Zu viel Action drin verpackt.
Wer freut sich schon auf den Film, und geht rein?

»Beware the Daughter of the Sea«”

Keine Angabe 
BeitragVerfasst: Do 27. Jul 2017, 16:28 
such is life
Minibildchen

Zum BeitragLeprechaun hat geschrieben:
Ich steh auf Brown; ich hab alle Bücher gelesen, abgesehen vom neuesten.
Ist weiterhin so, aber mittlerweile habe ich den Film zu Inferno gesehen. Der war irrsinnig sonderbar. Wirkte stellenweise wie ne Fanfiction von jemandem, der Dan Brown mag, aber nicht so viel Recherche wie er in ne Story stecken möchte, und stellenweise, als wollte Brown mal wieder ne Nicht-Langdon-Story schreiben, aber musste Langdon trotzdem reinschustern, weil es mittlerweile von ihm erwartet wird. Essentiell ein etwas schlechterer (Aber noch immer unterhaltsamer) Bourne-Film. Der Zimmer-Soundtrack wirkt komplett recycelt und fehl am Platz; es geht nicht mehr um Verschwörungstheorien, und so weiter. Obwohl die Stakes höher sind als je zuvor (Die Vernichtung des Großteils der Menschheit ist ne größere Bedrohung als die Vernichtung des Petersdoms), ist der Pathos und die Epicness extrem stark runtergefahren.
Es wäre easy möglich gewesen, stattdessen Lost Symbol zu verfimen; das Buch ist exakt im Stil von Da Vinci Code und Illuminati. Jetzt interessiert mich erheblich, ob Inferno (Buch) auch ne derartig andere Richtung als sonst einschlägt.
Wie gesagt; für sich ist der Streifen definitiv nicht schlecht, aber er gehört halt zu ner Reihe, und in der Hinsicht war ich dauerhaft irritiert.

Männlich 
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 6. Sep 2017, 23:02 
Legende

Danke gegeben: 395 mal
Danke bekommen: 359 mal
Illuminati, Sakrileg, das verlorene Symbol und Inferno hab ich auch gelesen. The Da Vinci Code auch gesehen. Das finde ich auch alles super. Inferno hab ich mir als Film noch nicht gegeben, weil ich gehört habe, dass er miserabel sein soll.

Fara á brott með víkingum
Standa upp í stafni
Stýra dýrum knerri
Halda svá til hafnar
Hǫggva mann ok annan"

Keine Angabe 
BeitragVerfasst: So 2. Sep 2018, 15:52 
such is life
Minibildchen

Don’t make fun of renowned Dan Brown

Renowned author Dan Brown woke up in his luxurious four-poster bed in his expensive $10 million house – and immediately he felt angry. Most people would have thought that the 48-year-old man had no reason to be angry. After all, the famous writer had a new book coming out. But that was the problem. A new book meant an inevitable attack on the rich novelist by the wealthy wordsmith’s fiercest foes. The critics.

Renowned author Dan Brown hated the critics. Ever since he had become one of the world’s top renowned authors they had made fun of him. They had mocked bestselling book The Da Vinci Code, successful novel Digital Fortress, popular tome Deception Point, money-spinning volume Angels & Demons and chart-topping work of narrative fiction The Lost Symbol.

The critics said his writing was clumsy, ungrammatical, repetitive and repetitive. They said it was full of unnecessary tautology. They said his prose was swamped in a sea of mixed metaphors. For some reason they found something funny in sentences such as “His eyes went white, like a shark about to attack.” They even say my books are packed with banal and superfluous description, thought the 5ft 9in man. He particularly hated it when they said his imagery was nonsensical. It made his insect eyes flash like a rocket.

Renowned author Dan Brown got out of his luxurious four-poster bed in his expensive $10 million house and paced the bedroom, using the feet located at the ends of his two legs to propel him forwards. He knew he shouldn’t care what a few jealous critics thought. His new book Inferno was coming out on Tuesday, and the 480-page hardback published by Doubleday with a recommended US retail price of $29.95 was sure to be a hit. Wasn’t it?

I’ll call my agent, pondered the prosperous scribe. He reached for the telephone using one of his two hands. “Hello, this is renowned author Dan Brown,” spoke renowned author Dan Brown. “I want to talk to literary agent John Unconvincingname.”

“Mr Unconvincingname, it’s renowned author Dan Brown,” told the voice at the other end of the line. Instantly the voice at the other end of the line was replaced by a different voice at the other end of the line. “Hello, it’s literary agent John Unconvincingname,” informed the new voice at the other end of the line.

“Hello agent John, it’s client Dan,” commented the pecunious scribbler. “I’m worried about new book Inferno. I think critics are going to say it’s badly written.”

The voice at the other end of the line gave a sigh, like a mighty oak toppling into a great river, or something else that didn’t sound like a sigh if you gave it a moment’s thought. “Who cares what the stupid critics say?” advised the literary agent. “They’re just snobs. You have millions of fans.”

That’s true, mused the accomplished composer of thrillers that combined religion, high culture and conspiracy theories. His books were read by everyone from renowned politician President Obama to renowned musician Britney Spears. It was said that a copy of The Da Vinci Code had even found its way into the hands of renowned monarch the Queen. He was grateful for his good fortune, and gave thanks every night in his prayers to renowned deity God.

“Think of all the money you’ve made,” recommended the literary agent. That was true too. The thriving ink-slinger’s wealth had allowed him to indulge his passion for great art. Among his proudest purchases were a specially commissioned landscape by acclaimed painter Vincent van Gogh and a signed first edition by revered scriptwriter William Shakespeare.

Renowned author Dan Brown smiled, the ends of his mouth curving upwards in a physical expression of pleasure. He felt much better. If your books brought innocent delight to millions of readers, what did it matter whether you knew the difference between a transitive and an intransitive verb?

“Thanks, John,” he thanked. Then he put down the telephone and perambulated on foot to the desk behind which he habitually sat on a chair to write his famous books on an Apple iMac MD093B/A computer. New book Inferno, the latest in his celebrated series about fictional Harvard professor Robert Langdon, was inspired by top Italian poet Dante. It wouldn’t be the last in the lucrative sequence, either. He had all the sequels mapped out. The Mozart Acrostic. The Michelangelo Wordsearch. The Newton Sudoku.

The 190lb adult male human being nodded his head to indicate satisfaction and returned to his bedroom by walking there. Still asleep in the luxurious four-poster bed of the expensive $10 million house was beautiful wife Mrs Brown. Renowned author Dan Brown gazed admiringly at the pulchritudinous brunette’s blonde tresses, flowing from her head like a stream but made from hair instead of water and without any fish in. She was as majestic as the finest sculpture by Caravaggio or the most coveted portrait by Rodin. I like the attractive woman, thought the successful man.

Perhaps one day, inspired by beautiful wife Mrs Brown, he would move into romantic poetry, like market-leading British rhymester John Keats.That would be good, opined the talented person, and got back into the luxurious four-poster bed. He felt as happy as a man who has something to be happy about and is suitably happy about it.

https://onehundredpages.wordpress.com/2 ... dan-brown/

Weiblich 
BeitragVerfasst: So 2. Sep 2018, 16:44 
Pinkie Pie
Minibildchen

Danke gegeben: 1800 mal
Danke bekommen: 1354 mal
Ist das arg überspitzt? :D Ich habe noch nichts von Dan Brown gelesen, aber es klingt auch außerhalb des Storyrahmens nach Unterhaltung. :nerd:

Than never to have loved at all.

Keine Angabe 
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 3. Sep 2018, 14:48 
such is life
Minibildchen

Ich mein, der Text ist als Parodie ganz interessant - er erwähnt ja wörtlich Browns Schwächen, und zeigt diese in der Folge einfach nur beispielhaft und überzogen auf, damit man versteht, was gemeint ist.
Ich habe Dan Brown neulich im Netflix-Thread erwähnt:
Zum BeitragLeprechaun hat geschrieben:
Mir ist aufgefallen, dass die unter Netflix produzierten (Nicht später gekauften) Serien und Filme immer so ne gewisse Max-Qualität haben. Das Zeug kann gut sein und ist es auch oft, aber niemals hat irgendwas davon künstlerischen Anspruch. Nichts davon hat ne herausstechende Cinematographie oder wagt Experimente, an die man sich später erinnert. Alles irgendwie wie Dan Brown - der Mann ist n gutes Beispiel für nen Autor, der super spannend ist, aber niemals irgendeinen Satz geschrieben hat, der irgendwie zitierwürdig ist oder einem im Kopf bleibt.
Der letzte Punkt ist wichtig; man liest Dan Brown einfach nicht, weil er so künstlerisch anspruchsvolle und im Gedächtnis bleibende Prosa schreibt. Brown liest man aus zwei Gründen. Der erste ist, dass er absolut jedes Kapitel mit nem extremen Cliffhanger beendet. Ist billig, aber in der Art wie er es voll durchzieht, ist es ne Kunst für sich. Browns Bücher spielen sich oft auch in nur wenigen Stunden ab und die Story bewegt sich in einem irren Tempo voran.
Der zweite Grund, und der macht ihn schlussendlich doch zu nem in seinem Fach ganz guten Autor, ist der massive Anteil an Recherche, der in seinen Büchern steckt. Es geht üblicherweise um Verschwörungstheorien und Geschichte, und Brown macht halt durch seine tiefgehende Recherche ne sehr gute Arbeit damit, beides so schlüssig zu verbinden, dass seine Bücher vom Gefühl her die bloße Fiktion verlassen - auch wenn sie bloße Fiktion sind. Als Da Vinci Code damals rauskam, erschienen ja auch hunderte wissenschaftliche Artikel die den Leuten erklärten dass nein, all dieser Kram steckt nicht im Letzten Abendmahl. Wie oft ist sowas bei nem Mystery-Thriller nötig? Es wirkt einfach realistisch.
Das bedient nen Sense of Mysery, den man als Erwachsener nur allzu oft in der echten Welt vermisst. Wenn man dumm genug ist, wendet man sich dann an Zeug wie Esoterik, Prä-Astronautik und so weiter. Es gibt viele schlecht gesinnte Menschen, die an diesem Bedürfnis Geld verdienen. Dan Brown ist nicht schlecht gesinnt; im Gegensatz zu Däniken zieht er sich klar als Autor von Fiktion auf, auch trotz seiner pompösen Hinweise, dass seine Schauplätze und Hintergründe wahr sind, was ja stimmt.
Den Verschwörungskram ausgenommen erinnert seine Nische auch ein wenig an Michael Crichton, der in seinen Büchern auch immer irgendein wissenschaftliches, gut recherchiertes Thema aufgriff, und dies mit ner prosaisch unterdurchschnittlichen, aber spannenden Thriller-Story darbot. Man lernt was. Bei Jurassic Park über Dinos und Gentechnik, bei Timeline über Quantenmechanik und das europäische Mittalalter, und so weiter.

Wie die Parodie andeutet; an dem Punkt ist es nicht wirklich wichtig, dass Brown einem nichts anbietet, was man in seiner Signatur zitieren kann. Stümperhaft schreibt er ja auch nicht.
Würden Kritiker schreiben könnten und wahrhaftig etwas vom Schreiben verstehen, würden sie schreiben, und nicht Kritiker sein. Dan Brown ist in seiner Nische renowned as fuck. Und die Parodie ist halt trotzdem wahr.

Keine Angabe 
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 30. Mär 2020, 15:53 
such is life
Minibildchen

Leprechaun hat geschrieben:
Don’t make fun of renowned Dan Brown
Hat eine Fortsetzung, und die ist ebenso gut:

Look out, kids! It’s the return of renowned Dan Brown

Renowned author Dan Brown picked up the cellphone and pressed the button on the cellphone to stop the ringing of the cellphone and held the cellphone to his ear so that down the cellphone he could hear the voice of the person calling on the cellphone.
“Hello?” he greeted.
It was his publisher, John Publisher.
“Hello, Dan Brown,” spoke John Publisher. “I’m calling you because I’ve had an idea and I want to tell you what the idea that I’ve had is.”
The wealthy scribe listened, his ears sharpening like pencils.
“What’s the idea you’re calling me to tell me that you’ve had?” he questioned.
“I’ll tell you,” informed John Publisher. “I want to republish bestselling book The Da Vinci Code – but this time, for Young Adults.”
Young Adults, thought Dan Brown in italics.
“Young Adults,” confirmed John Publisher. “They’re a lot like adults – but younger. Obviously they can’t be expected to read the original novel, because its famously sophisticated prose is too complex for their puny teenage minds. So I want you to write a new version that is shorter and simpler, just for them.”
Dan Brown contemplated the idea using the brain encased by the skull beneath the skin of his head.
“I like your suggestion, John Publisher,” he told. “The only problem is, I’m aged 51 years old. How can I write a book for young people? I don’t know any young people.”
“How about your son?” recommended John Publisher.
Of course! The celebrated penman’s teenage son! Son Brown!
Dan Brown ended the call and excitedly paced the room, his fertile mind already pregnant with ideas to which he would soon give birth through his fingers.
After he had finished cogitating he walked upstairs to his son’s bedroom and entered it by means of the door. Son Brown wasn’t home, but his bookcase was. This will give me an indication of the simple-minded fare young people enjoy, mused the leading wordsmith. Tilting his head at an angle appropriate to the browsing of the books’ spines, he browsed the books’ spines.
David Copperfield. Made sense – kids always did love magic tricks. Animal Farm. They loved cute animals, too. À la recherche du temps perdu. Say, he didn’t know his son could speak Spanish. Vanity Fair. Hey, Dan Brown loved Vanity Fair, too. Just last month it had run a great article about Scarlett Johansson’s favourite swimsuits.
Inspired, the illustrious scribbler returned to his study. His imagination was racing like a racecar made of brains. Picking up his personal copy of acclaimed tome The Da Vinci Code, he reread its exquisite opening paragraph.
“Renowned curator Jacques Saunière staggered through the vaulted archway of the museum’s Grand Gallery. He lunged for the nearest painting he could see, a Caravaggio. Grabbing the gilded frame, the seventy-six-year-old man heaved the masterpiece towards himself until it tore from the wall and Saunière collapsed backward in a heap beneath the canvas.”
Hmm, meditated the 5’9” caucasian male. There is no doubting the magnificence of the prose, from the effortless elegance of its syntax to the way it brings characters vividly to life through evocative details like “the seventy-six-year-old man”. But the young people of today wouldn’t know about museums or Caravaggio. I must start again from scratch – and bring the story right up to date.
The eminent author opened his laptop and used the fingers of his hands to press the buttons marked with letters to form words on the screen.
“Famous rock star Jack Cool donned his baseball cap and rollerbladed through Tower Records while checking MySpace on his Game Boy,” he created. “The 22-year-old youth was excited to purchase the new compact disc by hip band Limp Bizkit. This rad chart-topper will sound fly on my Walkman, he reasoned, scrutinizing the $15.99 plastic oblong. Suddenly, there was a loud rumbling behind him. It sounded like thunder – but an unusual kind of thunder, made from a 70/30 polyester-cotton blend instead of clouds or whatever thunder was made of. He swung round – and then gasped in horror as he was crushed to death by an avalanche of Hootie & The Blowfish T-shirts.”
The moneyed doyen gazed with pride upon the vegetables of his labours. This was going to be his finest work since The Socrates Anagram.
From downstairs he heard a noise like the front door of a house being opened.
“Son!” communicated Dan Brown. “Come see this!”
Son Brown climbed the stairs linking the ground floor to the floor above it and then walked forward until he had reached the room from which the order to come to it had been issued. Expectantly he looked at his progenitor, his youthful face shining like a torch but pink and with a nose in the middle.
His biological begetter pointed at the screen of the laptop. “Read this,” he invited.
Son Brown finished reading the paragraph, and then shook his head.
“Goddammit, Dad,” he imparted. “I’m sick of all these smug parodies of your work. These guys think they’re so damn smart. You’ve got to stop reading them. This one isn’t even plausible. There’s no way you’d write something as lame as that.”
Renowned Dan Brown looked at his offspring, and then back at the screen.
“Son,” he talked, “go do your homework.”
After his descendant had left the room, the notable fictioneer picked up his cellphone and pressed the buttons with numbers on one at a time in a given sequence.
“Look, John Publisher,” rebuked Dan Brown. “There’s no point reworking The Da Vinci Code for the youth of today. Great writing just goes straight over their heads.”
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/201 ... dan-brown/

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde